From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] iptables directory
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 09:59:51
1 On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 02:38:35PM +0100, Juergen Ilse wrote:
2 > > For example: grep, sed, cut, cat, ...
5 > Why? I don't see any really good reason for this.
6 > But i see a reason for placing "sleep" in /bin instead of /usr/bin:
7 > The shutdown-script seems to call the programm "sleep", and this is called
8 > after unmounting all Filesystems except the root-FS. If you place /usr on
9 > a separate Filesystem (as i have done), you have a problem ...
10
11 With the new initscripts, sleep is no longer called after filesystem unmount.
12 We do have a sleep in runscript.sh that can probably be removed.
13
14 Best Regards,
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
18 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org