From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About testing applications
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:24:10
1 Pierre-Yves Rofes wrote:
2 > Well, I'd tend to say that it's not noticeable even under $(HOME) because
3 > one issues a "ls [-l]" more often than a "ls -a[l]".
4 > Besides, moving all into ~/.config is just moving the problem somewhere
5 > else, not really solving it.
6
7 Agreed. It's just moving the problem elsewhere, where it persists to be
8 a problem, just in a different way/place.
9
10 I prefer per app configs right in my homedir, not in ~/.config/ --
11 though I suppose it really should depend on whether or not the upstream
12 for the app in question intended to place the configs someplace "sane"
13 or not.