From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Creating a Sketeton System
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 03:16:28
1 After some talk in the forums a point came up that we need a way to reduce
2 the long used gentoo system to a bare point before X but after any
3 baselayout upgrade had been applied.
4
5 This script would enable two things: a person to rebuild his system after a
6 library malfunction and also if a person wanted to switch from 100% gtk to
7 100% qt or vice-versa.
8
9 At present we have depclean to reduce anything past xorg-x11 but that
10 doesn't get as far as anything that doesn't rely on a package being able to
11 depend on an GUI, libraries need to be brought in and all but baselayout
12 needs to be cleaned out so a "bare bone" is left.
13
14 This would be useful as an arch tester because snapshots could be made of
15 various stages and tested.
16
17 George