From: Dawid Weglinski <dawid.weglinski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Integrating Portage with other package managers
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 07:56:45
1 2018-03-08 3:38 GMT+01:00 Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>:
2
3 > Dear Rich,
4 >
5 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
6 >
7 > > Everybody I know has these sorts of complaints about language-based
8 > > PMs, whether they prefer Ubuntu, or Debian, or CentOS, or whatever.
9 > > Nobody wants random programs downloading random stuff and dropping
10 > > orphan files all over their filesystem with no way to identify these
11 > > or clean them up. They're usually written by the same sorts of people
12 > > who tell you to pipe curl into sudo bash...
13 >
14 > One observation. There are a lot of people on this planet who will
15 > format their disk and reinstall their whatever operating systems upon
16 > getting fscked by random programs downloading random stuff and dropping
17 > orphan files all over their filesystem. So far the volume of this group
18 > of people is growing fast.
21 I'm glad there are people who can take care of their stuff on desktop, but
22 imagine,
23 there are plenty of those, who run Gentoo on production and do not wish
24 some POS
25 to broke their system.
30 > That give an illusion of tolerance from the users, enouraging this evil
31 > to go deeper.
32 >
33 > Luckily in Gentoo, we are with competent friends who are taking care of
34 > their own systems.
35 >
36 > Cheers,
37 > Benda