From: Kormos Matej <Matej.Kormos@×××××××.com>
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Trouble with sys fs
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:38:34
1 Hello!
2 I am beginner with Gentoo and absolute rookie about writing drivers, but I
3 am trying to write one.
4 I hope I have choose the right mailing list for my questions :-)
5 I have encountered following error:
6 I have a simple char driver. Everything is working like should be, I can
7 compile functional driver, which after inserting into system appears in the
8 sys file system.
9 But when I add this lines in order to create my own attribute in directory
10 of my module:
11
12 #include <linux/sysfs.h>
13 #include <linux/kobject.h>
14
15 sysfs_create_file(&device->cdev.kobj,&pid_sfs);
16
17 I can not insert module. Kernel says something like this:
18 Error inserting module -1: unknown symbol sysfs_create_file
19
20 And my second problem is, when I try to create my own kobject and add it to
21 sys fs, when I call insmod, segmentation fault occures on kobejct_add()
22
23 struct kobject mykobject;
24 static int __init mymodule_init(void)
25 {
26 int err;
27
28 kobject_init(&mykobject);
29 mykobject.parent->cdev.kobj;
30 mykobject.ktype=&kotype;
31 kobject_set_name(&mykobject,"mymodule");
32 err=kobject_add(&mykobject);
33 ....
36 Do you have any suggesions what may be wrong?
37 (is it necessary to do something special to interact with sysfs? I have do
38 exactly what was written in Linux Device Drivers from O'Reilly publishing)
42 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list