From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No XFree86 w/ new license
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:22:46
1 On Friday 27 February 2004 19:33, Jay Maynard wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm not trolling. These are my honest beliefs, honestly arrived at, and I
4 > believe that Stallmanite misstatements of fact should not be allowed to go
5 > unchallenged.
6
7 You are pursuing a pointless discussion, to me that is trolling. If you happen
8 to disagree, so be it, but the discussion is pointless anyway.
11 > ..or are you one of those who assumes that anyone who doesn't toe the
12 > Stallmanite line must automatically be trolling?
13 >
14 > ..or is the Gentoo project another bastion of Stallmanism, like the Debian
15 > Project?
16
17 Some while ago (maybe more than a year), RMS tried to persuade us to call the
18 distribution gentoo gnu/linux. As you may know that never happened, so I find
19 the suggestion that Gentoo would be a bastion of Stallmanism strange.
20
21 Paul
24 Paul de Vrieze
25 Gentoo Developer