From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Virtualization Herd
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:06:36
1 On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 07:59 -0600, Nick Devito wrote:
2 > Yeah, to me, having those in the emulation category just
3 > doesn't...."fit" there, but, that's just me. Maybe we could take xen,
4 > vmware, qemu, and related packages out of app-emulation, and make a new
5 > category, app-virtualization. That would seem to fit a bit better then
6 > emulation.
7
8 Package moves suck. They make finding history on the packages much
9 harder, and there's really no need for it. I'd be against it for
10 VMware. We don't need anything that makes our lives more complex.
11 VMware's ability to have all of the modules break on every single kernel
12 release keeps us busy enough, as it is.
13