From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Off-topic] Re: [gentoo-dev] *DEVELOPMENT* mail list, right?
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 13:22:44
1 On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 14:38 -0700, Steven De Bock wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I really like the way where this mailinglist is heading with this
5 > topic. I subscribed to this mailing list a while ago with the hope to
6 > read more stuff like this, rather than all those rants from the
7 > previous days.
8 >
9 > I've already seen a lot of "requests for help" passing this thread,
10 > covering a wide range of topics. I suppose these "direct" requests
11 > will certainly attract more people, who don't really know where to
12 > start contributing, to the Gentoo community.
13 >
14 > Keep it up a little longer ;)
15
16 I agree wholeheartedly. The constant political bickering needs to stop.
17 This is a development list and should be focused on development-related
18 and technical discussions. As an example, things that need to be
19 discussed with/about the Council can go to the gentoo-council mailing
20 list. Topics to be discussed with/about the Trustees or the Foundation
21 should go to gentoo-nfp.
22
23 I think we all should do our part in asking people to keep things on
24 topic, and for discussions to move to the proper lists. If it isn't
25 about development, it doesn't belong here.
28 Chris Gianelloni
29 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
30 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
31 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
32 Gentoo Foundation