From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:34:20
1 28.2.2006, 18:09:54, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:00:03 +0100 Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
4 | >> PVR includes the revision of an ebuild. This means that if a
5 | >> revbump is made on a webapp package to fix a critical flaw, users
6 | >> will still have the old broken package installed too. This is
7 | >> especially relevant for security issues, but also applies to other
8 | >> kinds of fix.
9 > |
10 > | Not including the revision into the SLOT can break the apps by
11 > | removing the needed files from a live site... I still can't see any
12 > | *QA* violation there.
13
14 > Again, that's a design flaw. It's an eclass that's abusing SLOT, thus
15 > it's a QA issue.
16
17 OK, so kernel-2.eclass is abusing the slot as well, go scream on kernel
18 devs.
19
20 > | Yeah, it checks for that since that's the way the eclass is designed.
21 > | You can't declare a slot in a kernel ebuild either.
22
23 > One is a design flaw. The other is not.
24
25 Ah, tell me about the dual standards :P
26
27 > | Well, starts to be boring - so, either come with something valid from
28 > | QA standpoint or stop now.
29
30 > This is a valid issue from a QA standpoint. This is also why I'm not
31 > going to waste my time doing a proper list -- rather than addressing
32 > issues, they are being passed off as irrelevant or even features.
33
34 Next time, rather think a couple of times up before claiming something very
35 broken on a public mailing list where you have no proof for such claims.
36 Will be immensely helpful for everyone involved.
37
38 Thanks.
43 jakub