From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Enoch Linux
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:54:52
1 Are there any historical archives of Enoch Linux still floating around?
2 I would like to take a look at some of the pre-Gentoo instantiations of
3 what is now Gentoo. I am also interested in any mailing list, IRC log,
4 and website archives which may still be available.
5
6 I am interested in this information (aside from reasons of pure
7 curiosity) because I am currently trying to increase my activity as a
8 Gentoo contributor. Knowledge and understanding of the history of a
9 project helps to explain why things work the way they do. Understanding
10 *why* things work the way they do leads to a better understanding of
11 *how* they work. This also helps prevent the too-common "It confuses me,
12 therefore it must be changed" syndrome. Despite my appearance, I am
13 human.
16 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
17 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
18 --Ghost in the Shell