From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About forcing rebuilds of other packages issue
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 19:01:59
1 El jue, 07-06-2012 a las 19:44 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh escribió:
2 > On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:43:54 +0200
3 > Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
4 > > > I would prefer, as a workaround, allow reverse deps to RDEPEND on
5 > > > glib:2.* instead. That way it would cover more cases when more than
6 > > > two slots are available
7 > >
8 > > Well, per:
9 > > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/pms.git;a=commitdiff;h=f9f7729c047300e1924ad768a49c660e12c2f906;hp=b7750e67b4772c1064543defb7df6a556f09807b
10 > >
11 > > looks like "*" usage for SLOTs would be allowed :), or I am
12 > > misinterpreting it?
13 >
14 > It's not a wildcard.
17 But it looks like a valid usage for cases like glib vs.
18 dbus-glib/gobject-introspection I have exposed as example, and also
19 allows us to keep "SLOT" over "ABI_SLOT" (at least for this case, not
20 sure about others I could be missing now...)