From: "Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier" <contact@×××××××××.me>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New QA policy: Packages must not disable installing manpages via USE flags
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:00:03
1 [2019-07-21 08:36:41-0700] Christopher Head:
2 > On July 20, 2019 1:22:39 PM PDT, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > >Yes, I get it. User experience is not important if it would mean
4 > >developers would actually do anything but the bare minimum to get
5 > >from one paycheck to another. The usual Gentoo attitude.
6 >
7 > Is my experience as a user really improved if a package I use is dropped because its maintainer no longer has time to maintain it because they now have to spend their N available hours per month building man pages for one package rather than maintaining two?
10 Well I guess this is quality versus quantity, which depends if gentoo is tight on some of theses packages missing manpages or not… something which I'm not aware of as a proxy-maint contributor but I can imagine other devs with this issue as well.