From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new herd: vdr - topic reanimated
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 06:37:26
1 On 7/10/06, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 04:36:55AM +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten?? wrote:
3 > > On Monday 10 July 2006 02:25, Luca Barbato wrote:
4 > > > c is simpler. I like it.
5 > > Yes, of course if _all wranglers_ respected metadata, instead of stopping to
6 > > <herd> tag and assigning to that even when a particular maintainer is listed.
7 > Actually, this isn't that simple at the moment. There are packages that
8 > directly list me as the maintainer, but I want bugs for them assigned to
9 > the herd by default - so that the other folk in the herd can find them
10 > quickly.
11 >
12 > Perhaps this could be alleviated with an explicit assign-to field in
13 > package metadata? At the same time, it should have an explicit cc-to
14 > field, for cases where the maintainer is not in the herd.
15
16 My idea would actually be the contrary: that the package is assigned
17 to its maintainer (who could not be in the herd) and the herd(s) are
18 CCed. Uven if the maintainer is in the herd, this procedure should be
19 followed, as it is easier for the maintainer to track down the
20 package.
23 Ioannis Aslanidis
24
25 <deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list