From: wes chow <wes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] job posting for tech. oriented hedge fund
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:54:03
1 Sorry if I'm breaking list etiquette by posting this...
2
3 My partner and I recently started a hedge fund. We need some help and are
4 looking to hire a hardcore systems guy. (We run Gentoo, of course)
5
6 If you're interested, please reply to wchow@××××××××.com, not
7 bbanks@××××××××.com.
8
9 Here's the forward:
13 I've recently started a small hedge fund / proprietary trading
14 firm. We will be trading stocks, bonds, currencies, futures, and
17 We specialize in automated program trading: black box type
18 applications where we receive data electronically, feed it into
19 proprietary statistical/AI models, and then issue orders and manage a
20 portfolio- all automated, naturally.
21
22 Right now, the company, Athena Capital Research LLC, is just my
23 partner and I. We could use some programming help. We're both
24 programmers ourselves; I'm a fairly good programmer, my partner is
25 very good- but it would help us get up and running faster if we could
26 find a good C++ programmer, either for contract work or as a full-time
27 position.
28
29 For the right person, compensation will be very good.
30
31 Requirements:
32 Linux/Unix 3+ years of experience (including shell programming)
33 C++ 3+ years of experience
34 Socket programming - some experience
35 Networking knowledge - familiarity with topics such as multicast,
36 TCP, UDP, routers, switches
37
38 Plus:
39 familiarity with Python or capability of learning it on the spot.
40
41 For a full-time position, ability to relocate to New York is a must;
42 for contract work, being in nyc is a huge plus, but remote options
43 can be considered for an exceptionally good fit candidate.
44
45 If you or someone you know fits the above description, please have
46 them send a resume to bbanks@××××××××.com.
47
48 Feel free to pass this notice along to individuals, but please do not
49 distribute it widely- i don't feel like wading through 100s of
50 resumes.
51
52 Thanks,
53 Brad