From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] User/groups additions in ebuilds - is this a bug..?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:37:19
1 On Thursday 22 January 2004 21:29, Stroller wrote:
2 > I emerged mgetty a week or two ago, and whilst configuring it found I
3 > had to add a new group using `groupadd` in order to get the it running.
4
5 file a bug report ... currently ebuilds that use non-standard users/groups
6 should add them via enew{user,group} ... we're working on a much more
7 official standard, but thats what we got now ...
8
9 and actually, i think theres already a bug open about mgetty having group
10 issues
11 -mike
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list