From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How about a monthly bumpday?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 05:00:35
1 On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:32:22 -0600
2 Nathan Zachary <nathanzachary@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 09/03/10 22:08, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
5 > > Hello!
8 > > We have about 500 bump request open at the moment:
9 > > https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=bump
10 > >
11 > > I assume that quite a few of them would be no big deal to their
12 > > maintainers in Gentoo.
15 > > Bugday is occupying the first Saturday of the month: how about bumpday
16 > > on the third Saturday of the month? First bumpday could be March 20th,
17 > > 10 days from now.
18 > >
19 > > What do you think?
23 > > Sebastian
26 > Not sure that my opinion matters all that much as I'm not currently
27 > doing ebuild work, but I think this idea could really help out the
28 > status of the tree. Attached to it could be a stabilisation day as well.
29 >
30 > --Nathan Zachary
31
32 The ones that I'm CCed on, either as proxy maintainer or because I have some other interest, I prolly would mind. They're not simple revbumps, but they have dependency changes and/or other complicated changes, which is the only reason why they're still open. My bugs can't be solved with a simple rename-and-commit.
33
34 I'm prolly not the only one who feels this way, so you really need to pick your bugs carefully! Otherwise we'll end up with another screwed-up mess like the one we just went through with patrick.
35
36 Bumpdays are otherwise a good idea, though I'm not sure why we need a separate day for that in addition to our standard bugdays.