From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] per-package USE defaults
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 22:10:15
1 Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > Hi Zac,
3 >
4 > On 8/8/06, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
6 >> Hash: SHA1
7 >>
8 >> Stuart Herbert wrote:
9 >> > Any chance of per-package USE defaults support? That's much more
10 >> useful
11 >> > to me.
12 >>
13 >> Attached to bug 61732 there's a patch that implements this via a new
14 >> IUSE_DEFAULTS ebuild variable. If people like that particular
15 >> implementation, then I'll update the patch so that it applies to
16 >> portage-2.1.1_pre. Some might suggest that an EAPI bump is proper for
17 >> the addition of this type of functionality, but perhaps we can slide
18 >> it in without that extra annoyance.
19 >>
20 >> Zac
21 >
22 > As a package maintainer, I'm happy :) Is this going to cause problems
23 > for arch teams at all?
24 >
25 > Best regards,
26 > Stu
27
28 I think we are doing both profile and ebuild default USE, so arches can
29 still turn stuff on and off and (probably) over-ride your ebuild defaults.
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list