From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Conversion of Emacs virtual packages
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:48:55
1 The Emacs team has converted the following virtual packages:
2
3 virtual/emacs
4 virtual/flim
5
6 to new-style (aka GLEP 37) virtuals. If there are no objections,
7 I will remove the old virtuals from the profiles one week from now
8 (22 May 2007). Affected are:
9
10 profiles/base
11 profiles/embedded
12 profiles/default-bsd/fbsd/6.2/sparc
13 (This will be empty then. Shall I remove the virtuals file?)
14 profiles/default-darwin
15
16 virtual/semi was also removed some time ago, because it was only
17 provided by a single package (app-emacs/semi) and therefore no longer
18 needed.
19
20 I could not find any official guidelines for keywording of virtual
21 packages. Current practice seems to be that keywords are simply added
22 as needed. (Which makes sense: The virtual package installs no files,
23 so there is nothing that could be tested on a specific architecture.)
24
25 Ulrich
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list