From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making more repoman checks fatal
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 07:32:00
1 On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
2 > Thus I suggest making the following warnings proper errors:
3 >
4 > (Taken from current repoman 'qawarnings' set)
5 >
6 > "changelog.missing",
7 > "changelog.notadded",
8
9 These two are pretty much irrelevant now that repoman auto-generates
10 ChangeLog, so making them fatal doesn't really matter.
11
12 > "digest.unused",
13
14 This pretty much never pops up since repoman regens the Manifest
15 before committing anyway.
16
17 > "ebuild.notadded",
18
19 This automatically becomes fatal when you run repoman in commit mode.
20 It is a bit pointless to even run this check before that point.
21
22 > "DESCRIPTION.toolong",
23
24 I am of the opinion that strictly enforcing a length on DESCRIPTION is
25 stupid. Keep this as a warning please.
26
27 > "ebuild.minorsyn",
28
29 That should not be fatal. There is little value, and there are false
30 positives in any case.