From: Benjamin Coles <sj7trunks@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] finger@gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:22:26
1 Considering that this topic was brought up before and it had some
2 security problems aka user names could be guessed from it, I would
3 propose setting up a hacked version of finger which originally pulls
4 data from multiple sources to pull it from a .xml file. I'm sure we
5 could put at the top: Even though this user is a gentoo developer, it
6 does not mean he is a user of this server. If anyone were to try to hack
7 it with login names in the list it could be blocked indefinately from
8 that host to ever access the server again because not everyone in that
9 list has access to web servers and such.
10
11 Thanks,
12 Benjamin Coles
13 Gentoo Infrastructure