From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages up for grabs
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 03:23:22
1 On Sun, 7 Aug 2016 16:49:01 -0500
2 james <garftd@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > After that feat is accomplished, then a similar deployment of a
5 > gentoo cluster on a those just installed gentoo minimal images, via a
6 > few keystrokes (I am flexible on the cluster codes that comprise the
7 > cluster). Then (only after those 2 things are robustly accomplished)
8 > I do intend to return to my java travails (search out bgo, as I have
9 > a long love-hate relationship with java on gentoo).....
10
11 I think its probably worth mentioning that there are likely problems
12 Gentoo faces around Java that are of a legal manner, not merely
13 technical.
14
15 Like for instance, the fact you can't install the official Orcale/Sun
16 JDK/JRE automatically is due to the fact:
17
18 - They prohibit replication/mirroring
19 - Their website requires a license agreement acceptance to download
20
21 And the latter of these is /plausible/ to automate via curl and some
22 "Set cookies" magic ( apparently arch do this ), but falls into a legal
23 grey area.
26 If this is a problem we have simply downloading and installing, I'd
27 imagine there are other problems we face having it on ready-to-go media.