From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-x86/eclass: udev.eclass
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:18:10
1 On 30-10-2012 15:47:51 -0500, Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On 30-10-2012 19:08:39 +0000, Samuli Suominen wrote:
4 > >> Added: udev.eclass
5 > >> Log:
6 > >> New eclass to determine udevdir from udev.pc pkg-config file as requested by many people, without ML review due to unproductive feedback
7 > >
8 > > Uhm...
9 > > Please, stop doing this!
10 >
11 > Stop the bike shedding. Provide real constructive improvements. I'm
12 > not copying and pasting the same hunk of code in a bunch of ebuilds.
13
14 We just have policies. It is a bad habit to believe one is not affected
15 by them.
16
17 Samuli just introduced an eclass for which he had to make at least two
18 commits now right after its introduction to fix issues, and still it has
19 incorrect code, that should be fixed. (So far he just ignored the issue.)
20
21 I wouldn't classify the feedback he got as "unproductive" at all.
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo on a different level