From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] official github action for pkgcheck
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 22:18:24
1 Hi all,
2
3 For those with ebuild overlays on GitHub interested in QA, I've hacked
4 up an initial GitHub Action for pkgcheck using javascript action support
5 [1] that simplifies running pkgcheck and allows for custom arguments.
6 For those familiar with github workflows, the examples on the
7 pkgcheck-action homepage should be self-explanatory.
8
9 If you already happen to have pieced together your own pkgcheck
10 workflow, I'd suggest migrating to the official action since it enables
11 many features such as cache support, colored output, internalized gentoo
12 repo syncing, repo metadata generation, and more that your workflow
13 probably doesn't handle. In addition, other interesting features such as
14 incremental output (showing what changed between scans) and possibly
15 even incremental scanning may be supported if I'm inspired.
16
17 Note that the project is still quite fresh so I'm looking for people
18 willing to report bugs and/or make feature requests. After some time
19 I'll probably publish a release to the GitHub marketplace so it'll be
20 easier to find for newcomers.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Tim