From: "Sami Näätänen" <sn.ml@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Errors over errors with portage
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:53:06
1 On Tuesday 14 October 2003 05:08, Brian Jackson wrote:
2 > On Monday 13 October 2003 06:45 pm, Steven Elling wrote:
3 > <snip>
4 >
5 > > This made me think the older versions were still installed so I
6 > > unmerged them without incident. This begs the questions 'Why were
7 > > older versions of baselayout still installed?'
8 >
9 > because you set autoclean=no in your make.conf
10 >
11 > > and 'How many other packages have older
12 > > versions still installed?'
13 >
14 > you can clean out old versions by running
15 > # emerge -pc
16 > and if everythink looks okay, run
17 > # emerge -c
18 >
19 > Also, why are using -K instead of -k?
20
21 Maybe he doesn't want that system to install anything that would require
22 compilation. At least that's what the -K is for.
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list