From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Something positive! (was Re: Client-serve flags (again ;))
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:08:45
1 On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 03:55:01PM -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > > The people who get all bent out of shape about a simple joke like that
3 > > are either homosexual themselves (not a bad thing) or homophobes
4 > > (definitely a bad thing).
5 >
6 > Not only is this completely off-topic for a technical ml, but one of the
7 > most shockingly stupid things one could say in an international public
8 > forum. This would get you fired on the spot from any job. Please keep
9 > in mind you representing Gentoo here and keep your personal views on
10 > political issues to yourself. I'm speaking to everyone here. We have
11 > enough trouble getting along without this kind of shit.
12 >
13 Actually, that's entirely dependent on (corporate?) culture. I don't
14 think saying something like that would get you fired from any job in
15 Denmark. The worst I could see would be a warning if anybody bothered to
16 complain about it.
17
18 I agree we have to respect each other but that includes not pushing your
19 culture as a global culture. We most certainly come from vastly
20 different cultures and need to keep that in mind.
21
22 Regards,
23 Bryan Østergaard
24 --