From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Replacing cpu-feature USE flags
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 11:10:25
1 On 7/6/06, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
2 [Snip]
3 > Note that you need to set your CFLAGS corretly or it will, by default, tell
4 > you that everything is disabled.
5 >
6 > Thoughts? Comments?
7
8 The one advantage of using USE flags for this is that the support can
9 be controlled very easily on a per-package basis. CFLAGS is much more
10 of a system-wide setting.
11
12 Are there examples where we'd want to have these CPU feature flags
13 enabled for one package, but disabled for another (for performance or
14 stability reasons)?
15
16 If this is an ability we no longer need, then I like your idea.
17
18 Best regards,
19 Stu
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list