From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 13:02:25
1 On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 9:31 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > I'd like to request Infra to establish a new mailing list that would
3 > fill in the gap between our public mailing lists and the gentoo-core
4 > mailing list.
5
6 I agree with the others who've said that they don't think this is the
7 right solution. I've previously agreed we need moderation. I would
8 advocate that infra work on better moderation tools and/or mailing
9 list infrastructure that enables our use case.
10
11 (If we have problems with a lack of infra capacity making it
12 prohibitively expensive to move us forward, here's one solution that's
13 a little out there: just switch to hosted Discourse.)
14
15 Cheers,
16
17 Dirkjan