From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new category for texlive modular ebuilds?
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 05:13:27
1 Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > this might be worth discussion also (and make me even more late on my
5 > schedule with merging texlive, but I knew I'd be)
6 >
7 > In my overlay I was using a dev-texlive category for the texlive
8 > modular texmf ebuilds
9 > [as a side note :
10 > dev-texlive $ ls | wc -l
11 > 79
12 > ]
13 >
14 > that was to avoid polluting dev-tex (which would be the current most
15 > suitable category for those ebuilds), but well, both categories are fine
16 > by me. What do you think about it ? I'd say not polluting it and put
17 > them in a new category is better as it doesn't cost anything, but I
18 > might have missed something.
19
20 I would have expected app-text, the current home of the other TeX
21 interpreters, to be more appropriate than dev-tex. Then again, with 79
22 new ebuilds, it might be prudent to open another category. If you did
23 that, though, I'd suggest putting texlive and the other TeX interpreters
24 in the same category. Perhaps app-tex would be good. Would that cause
25 much confusion, being one letter off from an existing category?
26
27 On the other hand (or is this back on the first hand?), 79 new packages
28 wouldn't be much of a splash in the 231 existing packages of app-text.
31 The only time I use xp is when I need to swap a pair of letters.