From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: retirement@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Improve devaway system
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:15:07
1 Hi there
2
3 It seems to me that people paying less and less attention to devaway
4 system[1]. As you may see yourselves, few of the entries are 2-3 year old. This
5 either means that these devs are inactive since then or that they came back
6 and just didn't bother updating their status. Is it possible for infra people
7 to setup a script to notify the developer ( and CC the retirement alias )
8 about an old devaway entry? This will help retirement team to track down
9 inactive devs with ease. Furthermore having so many devs with away messages (
10 where only part of the messages reflect the reality ) looks quite bad to
11 community. I think that a simple script that will search all the devaway
12 messages and collect those that are >60-90 days is not that difficult to get
13 implemented. Does anybody have a better approach to deal with this?
14
15 Thanks
16
17 [1]: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/roll-call/devaway.xml
20 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
21 Gentoo Linux Developer
22 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
23 Key ID: 441AC410
24 Key FP: AAD0 8591 E3CD 445D 6411 3477 F7F7 1E8E 441A C410