From: Michael Weber <xmw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] please sign your manifests
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 07:08:02
1 On 02/13/2013 12:28 AM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:12:35AM +0100, Michael Weber wrote:
3 >> On 02/12/2013 10:14 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
4 >>> If you have any questions on this, please feel free to let us
5 >>> know.
6 >> What is the rotation strategy for (near) outdated keys?
7 >> Alter the key or create a new one? Sign the new with the old one?
8 > If your keysize is still good, you should ideally update the expiry on
9 > the key and re-upload it to keyservers.
10 Can you commit this to the document, please?
11
12 >> IMHO the answer to these questions is not obvious nor given by (our)
13 >> docu [1].
14 > I'm pretty sure it was in the devrel developer handbook at one point,
15 > along with instructions to create your key, but I can't find it now.
16 >
17 >> Maybe, add "keep ldap id/fingerprint synchronized" there, too.
18 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/ldap.xml#doc_chap3
19 That does tell how to update the data, but does not suggest to do so.
20
21 My main concern is the cross-referencing of our documentation.
22 I'm aware that there is a ton of documentation splattered all over the
23 place
24 and outside our infra.
25 But besides the "non-trivial" step to become a dev (as mentioned last week)
26 there is a certain non-trivial step to keep one, esp. by gathering the
27 non-routine informations and fast-forward developments.
30 Michael Weber
31 Gentoo Developer
32 web: https://xmw.de/
33 mailto: Michael Weber <xmw@g.o>