From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New developer features in portage: cgroup, network-sandbox, ipc-sandbox
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 11:21:14
1 On 20 August 2013 11:26, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello, fellow developers.
3 >
4 > I've added a few new fancy features for Gentoo developers to portage
5 > git. Sadly, since Zac isn't planning another release until 2.2.0 goes
6 > stable, you need to switch to -9999 to use them. But I say to you, it's
7 > worth the hassle.
8 >
9 > The features are off by default since they need proper testing and can
10 > break a lot of ebuilds. And FEATURES=network-sandbox does.
11 >
12 > It should be noted that all of the features follow the systemd idea of
13 > supporting Linux only and require fancy kernel features.
17 Awesome! Thanks a lot!
20 Regards,
21 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
22 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang