From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: /etc/hostname on gentoo
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 16:22:29
1 On 08/24/2016 09:06 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 08/24/2016 11:49 AM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 >>
4 >> You're right that the orignal purpose of the change has been debunked.
5 >>
6 >> So, starting over: one real benefit would be cross-compatibility with
7 >> systemd. It's one less thing people would need to reconfigure when
8 >> migrating to/from openrc.
11 > I still have to take the contents of /etc/conf.d/hostname and copy it
12 > into /etc/hostname. I can do it now, or I can do it when I switch to
13 > systemd -- but I still have to do it once.
14
15 Seems like something we could automate in pkg_posinst of the openrc
16 ebuild, but probably also deserves a news item.
17 --
18 Thanks,
19 Zac