From: Matthew Marchese <maffblaster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Dead project cleanup - Merging Presentation with Public Relations
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 08:33:21
1 On 10/07/2016 04:56 PM, Matthew Marchese wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > Thought I'd send a RFC out to you all to get a little feedback before I
6 > make any changes to this since I didn't originally start the project. If
7 > no one responds with a good reason why NOT to make the changes I
8 > purpose, I will proceed in a somewhat timely manner.
9 >
10 > It's been over a year since I manually moved the Presentation Project
11 > from wwwold to the wiki. No one who was previously involved in the
12 > project has presumed membership (or leadership) with the project.
13 > There's only been one meaningful edit by Rich0 to one of the project's
14 > two subpages. He kindly added links to a Gentoo presentation he recently
15 > gave.
16 >
17 > I currently see no reason why we need a separate project for
18 > Presentations. Maybe once when Gentoo PR was busier and we had more
19 > people giving talks it was necessary. If we're just looking for a place
20 > to host links or files I think merging this project with Public
21 > Relations will work nicely. I propose hosting the content of this
22 > project under the Public Relations project, since it has members who are
23 > actually overseeing it as Project specification (GLEP:39) demands.
24 >
25 > Empty projects should be removed. They are dead. It's not me who says
26 > it, it's GLEP 39. Be mad at it, not me. :P
27 >
28 > I already have a repo for PR setup at projects.g.o. I will make a
29 > presentations/ directory for storing the PDF files that Robin was
30 > recently looking for...I'll have to dig them out of the Wayback Machine,
31 > but that shouldn't take me too long.
32 >
33 > Your wiki warrior,
34 >
35 > Maffblaster
36 >
37 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Presentation
38
39 Okay! I've got all the old stuff dug out of the Wayback Machine. Files
40 are now hosted under projects.g.o here:
41
42 https://projects.gentoo.org/pr/presentations/
43
44 Please note the directory naming. I'd like to keep this consistent with
45 the date following the title of conference in all lower case. Even if
46 there's only one talk, please keep it this way. I can envision Gentoo
47 talks having the same exact title.
48
49 I will update the links to the wiki page at some point this weekend
50 (check back in a few days):
51
52 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Public_Relations/Available_Presentations
53
54 Feel free to point to me to places I can get other FOSDEM / Mini conf
55 stuff... Not sure what we're going to do about video. Upload them to our
56 YouTube account and/or Archive.org for hosting?
57
58 Kind regards,
59 Matthew