From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: x11 <x11@g.o>, floppym@g.o, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly x11@ project status for May 2018
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 20:49:36
1 On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 1:38 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 > == Convert media-libs/mesa ebuild to build with Meson ==
3 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/652762
4 >
5 > Ebuild posted. Blocked on problems surrounding LLVM (this is the story of
6 > maintaining media-libs/mesa).
7 >
8 > The problem is that Meson has no way of specifying a different llvm-config
9 > binary without a cross file, which our meson.eclass does not generate for
10 > 32-bit x86 builds on amd64. We've filed a Meson issue here [4] but haven't
11 > seen
12 > any progress towards a solution.
13
14 Just wanted to highlight this section for the Meson maintainers specifically.
15
16 Why do we not generate cross files for 32-bit builds on 64-bit? As far
17 as I understand that would be sufficient for us. Do you have any
18 suggestions?