From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: useflag policies
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 16:53:18
1 >>>>> On Wed, 12 Aug 2015, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2
3 > On 12/08/15 11:55 AM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
4 >> I think it is better seen as a list of implications, esp. for
5 >> this kind of questions :) With that in mind, there is no
6 >> autounmask-write: effective USE for a given package is input USE
7 >> with these implications applied.
8
9 This very well summarises it.
10
11 > ..if I'm understanding what you're saying here, you see this as
12 > something the PM will use to adjust the input use list so that the
13 > emerge itself will go ahead with the newly adjusted flags; am I
14 > understanding that correctly?
15
16 > In other words, there won't be any user control/alert/override for
17 > what the default actions will be, if the user's profile isn't set up
18 > in a way that satisfies REQUIRED_USE, correct? so if I have
19 > 'app-cat/pkg qt4' in my package.use, but USE="qt5" in my profile,
20 > then because both flags end up being enabled the REQUIRED_USE="^^ (
21 > +qt5 qt4 )" in app-cat/pkg will just force-off my package.use entry
22 > and everything will proceed as if it wasn't there?
23
24 Indeed, maybe there would be too much magic at work there. However,
25 note that also currently you won't be able to emerge the package with
26 a package.use that results in conflicting flags.
27
28 Ulrich