From: Zach Welch <zwelch@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new hotplug ebuilds available
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:12:45
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have just committed two new ebuilds for hotplug. First, the
4 hotplug-20020401-r1.ebuild contains a fix for bug 8074, allowing USB
5 network devices to be connected/disconnected correctly under Gentoo.
6
7 I also added a new ebuild for hotplug-20020826, which includes the same
8 minor bug fixes from the previous version. The package's most
9 significant enhancement is to allow other packages to install their
10 hotplug information without having to patch the usb.usermap (or similar
11 files); each device's information can now simply be installed in its own
12 file in the /etc/hotplug/usb directory.
13
14 I have been using both versions on both x86 and PPC heavily for some
15 time, so the ebuilds have also been given a '~ppc' flag. The new
16 version is masked for all tested architectures (KEYWORDS="~x86 ~ppc").
17
18 Let me know if I've broken anything by assigning your new hotplug bugs
19 to zwelch(at)gentoo.org.
20
21 Cheers,
22