From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New ALSA maintainers
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:55:58
1 On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:54:04 -0400
2 Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o> wrote:
3 > I'm fully 100% serious on the above. I challenge you to PROVE ME
4 > WRONG. I secretly hope you do, since that means I'll get a couple of
5 > interesting bugs to handle and I may even be able to solve them
6 > myself.
7
8 There was an instance where stable kernel alsa mis-matched stable
9 alsa-lib and alsa-lib32 (emul soundlibs) at some point, and using
10 alsa-driver was the only option.
11
12 Pretty sure that was amd64, but may have been ~amd64 too.
13
14 That has since then been solved, but it was nasty and something that
15 really shouldn't happen. ie, kernel team didn't listen to alsa-team
16 didn't listen to arch teams.
17
18 Thanks
19