From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Saving package emerge output (einfo, elog, ewarn, etc.) somewhere official
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 21:52:41
1 Summarizing from what I've read in this thread it seems you want to find
2 a way to help user find information s/he doesn't look for.
3
4 If users aren't curious about their system they will sure have a hard
5 time figuring out how to fix it if needs be. PORTAGE_ELOG_* isn't really
6 that hard to find in the make.conf.example (even though it's new
7 location makes it a bit harder to find).
8
9 As others have said, there are already proper systems, documentation and
10 linking through other docs. Not finding this is what I'd call lazyness
11 or lack of google foo. Don't misunderstand me, some stuff can get ouf of
12 the radar of everyone, it's ok, real people are still here to point you
13 in the right direction.
14
15 If you find a better way to convey these information to the users, then
16 please surprise me. For now I think we are in a good shape.
19 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
20 Gentoo