From: Diamond <diamond@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A question to Russian Gentoo Developers Community about import software substitution
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 22:56:25
1 On Sat, 09 May 2015 02:05:58 +0600
2 "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name> wrote:
3
4 > I'd also prefer, but it is not that possible as you imagine. There is
5 > such thing as certification in Federal Security Service (FSB) and so
6 > on. And there is only two such distributions: Alt Linux and Rosa
7 > Linux (if not talking about GPL-violating MSVS and Elbrus OS with
8 > unknown status of GPL violation (since I'm not ready to pay $5k just
9 > to check if sources will be included there)).
10
11 For secure industrial OS there's one from Kaspersky wich isn't based on
12 Linux kernel at all but was written by their own. And that's what FSB
13 may check and "certify" if they want. But I don't think that you need to
14 certify Linux Distribution for universities and colleges in FSB.