From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] systemd's DynamicUser= in .service files
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 00:33:02
1 On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 6:46 PM, Georgy Yakovlev <ya@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > What I'm asking for is your opinion if it's something that should be used in
4 > gentoo or should I try to avoid it if possible, especially if a static user is
5 > alredy present in the system.
8 If the systemd behavior is to just fall back to the static user if it
9 exists, I don't see the point in disabling it, since at worst it is a
10 noop, and at best it could be useful on stateless systems/etc. I
11 suspect that unit files that enable this came from upstream sources,
12 and it seems like a bad idea to go patching an upstream unit file just
13 to disable something that doesn't cause an issue.
16 Rich