From: Luke Maurer <maurerl@××××××××.edu>
To: Iago Sineiro <isineiro@×××××××.es>
Cc: Gentoo Desarrollo <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] When is Gentoo 1.4 going to be released?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 04:51:34
1 > Sorry if my question wasn't polite.
2
3 No, no, it's a perfectly reasonable question (especially considering the
4 Portage freeze) ... but it's not one taken well around here of late.
5
6 > I use Gentoo 1.2 some months ago and I think it's great.
7 >
8 > I had decided to install Gentoo 1.4 RC-1 and update it to 1.4 when it's
9 > released.
10
11 Well, the good news, then, is that you don't really need to wait at all
12 ... the only difference will be in the installation; after that, "emerge
13 -ue world" will bring everything up to date. On the other hand, you're
14 on the same boat as the rest of us, stuck with old packages until the
15 freeze goes away. (That may actually have been fixed with the new
16 "~arch" stuff, but I haven't had a chance to do an rsync lately (long
17 story).)
18
19 Jyrinx