From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] systemd profiles
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 09:10:09
1 Hi,
2
3 30.08.14 04:41, Rich Freeman написав(ла):
4 > On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o> wrote:
5 >> Hi all,
6 >>
7 >> I have a simple question: why do we have systemd subprofiles only in gnome and kde profiles?
8 >>
9 >> Could we add systemd subprofiles also to default/linux/$arch/13.0/ and desktop (and any other profiles where it makes sense)?
10 >
11 > I'm not sure systemd profiles actually make that much sense these
12 > days. To install systemd from a stage3 you basically just need to set
13 > USE=systemd and do an emerge -uDN world. We're actually getting close
14 > to the point where you would pick an init system the way you pick a
15 > kernel or cron implementation during install.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Rich
21 that's good. Then I have another question: why systemd profile exists at all? As I see as consistent two possibilities:
22
23 1. no systemd profiles at all
24
25 2. systemd subprofile profile of default exists together with other profiles
26
27 ---
28 Jauhien