From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: Multiple root kernel command-line arguments
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 20:03:20
1 On 8/6/20 10:58 PM, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2 > Well, the purpose of this is to educate and avoid problems for
3 > headless/server users. But if so many devs seem to care about pushing
4 > maybe unrelated information and believe that avoiding that has much more
5 > value than avoid a problem like an unbootable system for just a few
6 > people (and for headless/servers this is a major problem in case you
7 > cannot trigger remote reboot)... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8 >
9 Yeah let's break some setups and make people change distributions instead.
10
11 I'd support showing it. Weren't we all taught that too much
12 communication is better than no communication?
13
14 -- juippis