From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Uncoordinated changes
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:12:16
1 On 02/11/2016 07:34 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Ultimately, the only way anybody can be assured that their favorite
3 > Gentoo tool will work in a year is if they're maintaining it. It
4 > sounds like nobody was really paying attention to it, which is why
5 > nobody noticed that it was going to break.
6
7 Not completely true in this case. Gentoolkit is maintained, just slowly
8 due to lack of time. For this migration, there is a bug for it (Bug
9 573030) that was filed by me before the migration was complete. The
10 problem here is that there are two devs that primarily work on the
11 package and both of us currently are busy with other things in our
12 work/life balance.
13
14 With that said, Patrick has attached a patch to the bug and I will take
15 a look at it and if it works, put it in and generate a release.
16
17 As a side note, any Gentoo developer is authorized to work on
18 Gentoolkit, the restrictions are don't make a new release without
19 asking, and fix any accidental breakage. With regards to releases, it is
20 fine to release a rev-bumped ebuild with patches as long as the patch is
21 in the git repository and you follow the second rule of fixing
22 accidental breakage.
23
24 Regards,
25 Paul