From: Per Wigren <wigren@××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UAE (amiga emulator) ebuild.
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 12:07:59
1 Saturday 29 June 2002 18.09 skrev Terje Kvernes:
2 > since UAE requires ROMs to work, which aren't free, how do people
3 > feel about an ebuild for UAE? I'd personally like one, because when
4 > you have the ROMs, emerge is the way to go, isn't it? ;-)
5 >
6 > if there are no protests I'll see about getting an ebuild done this
7 > weekend.
8
9 UAE doesn't require ROMs for games that doesn't use the libs like
10 intuition.library etc.. Many older games just bypass the whole kickstart,
11 except a few functions to disable multitasking etc, and they work fine with
12 UAE's builtin minimal kickstart-emulation.
13
14 Remember to --enable-penguins! :))
15
16 // Wigren