From: "Alin Năstac" <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Distrowatch
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:44:29
1 Caleb Cushing wrote:
2 >
3 > Perhaps they're more
4 > interested in generating ad revenue from whipped-up scandals...
7 > or maybe they have a point. distrowatch hpd ranking show's us down
8 > from a few years ago we were
9 > 7 in '04
10 > 9 '05
11 > 10 '06
12 > 11-12 '07
13 Yeah, the good old days when Gentoo was the new cool kid in block were over.
14 >
15 > right now were 12 going up probably from all the sites saying negative
16 > things. funny sabayon a gentoo fork and overlay is in 8. I know these
17 > statistics aren't 100% accurate (given how they're generated) but
18 > maybe they mean something.
19 >
20 If you analyze a moment what kind of users navigate through available
21 distros on DW, you will actually see that our rank is better than before.
22 The users that end up on DW, searching for a new distro to fit their
23 needs, are looking mostly for a desktop distro. Since Sabayon is mostly
24 a pre-installed Gentoo build for desktop purposes, we could claim that
25 our score is actually Gentoo.HPD + Sabayon.HPD. On the last 6 months,
26 this would place us on the 4th rank. Not bad for a meta-distribution,
27 isn't it? :)
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list