From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: [QA] Ban policy introduction
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 07:39:52
1 Completely agreeing with Sergei, with some additional suggestions:
2
3 On 28-07-2018 23:14:12 +0100, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
4 > On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 00:40:18 +0300
5 > Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Hello,
8 > >
9 > > The Gentoo QA team would like to introduce the following policy that
10 > > would be applied to individuals breaking the state and quality of the
11 > > main gentoo.git tree
12 > >
13 > > ( as we do not have this strictly documented yet):
14 > >
15 > > <policy>
16 > >
17 > > If recommended
18 >
19 > It's not called "recommended" but "enforced".
20
21 I agree. If you put penalties on these, they become hard rules. I
22 think that change should be discussed by the council perhaps?
23
24 > > Gentoo workflow policies are not followed by an
25 > > individual developer
26 > > (e.g make major changes to the widely used eclasses without prior
27 > > discussion on the mailing list or
28 > > commit changes that lead to multiple CI checks failure)
29 >
30 > Here should go exhaustive list of links to the policies to be enforced.
31
32 At least. And they should be clear and concise. No "common sense" or
33 anything involved for exceptions and the like. In addition, new checks
34 should be introduced to the community and possibly approved by council
35 as to whether being enforced or not.
36
37 Fabian
40 > > the standard QA
41 > > procedure is:
42 > >
43 > > 1.) Two warnings granted by QA team, after two independent breakages
44 > > 2.) Revoking the commit access for 14 days
45 > >
46 > > These violations will be evaluated individually by all QA team members.
47 > > Warnings can be revoked, if during 6 months period a developer makes at
48 > > least 20 non trivial changes not producing more breakages.
49 > >
50 > > </policy>
51 >
52 > --