From: "Bjarke Sørensen" <bs@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Installer (2) [LARGE]
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 00:47:54
1 On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 11:31:04PM -0500, Matthew Kennedy wrote:
2
3 > > back. It saves me a ton of time downloading things. This would be the kind
4 > > of things I (personally) would miss with an all in wonder installer.
5 > Aren't you all missing the point? *Both* the plain shell-based
6 > installer and the GUI would be available.
7
8 That. And just make room for powerusers in the GUI. I would love a
9 simplistic installer GUI, which I'll create using dialog.
10
11 It'll only be a GUI for guiding your thru the steps of the install.
12 Letting the user do all important himself.
13
14 Btw, we are already two on the project which for the time is enough I
15 think.
18 | Bjarke Sørensen / 9000.WASD
19 |
20 | There are 10 types of people in this world:
21 | Those who understand binary, and those who don't.