From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] timezone and other moving rc variables.
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 06:46:27
1 Daniel Verkamp wrote:
2 > On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> * You have an invalid TIMEZONE setting in /etc/timezone
4 >> * Your /etc/localtime has been reset to Factory; enjoy!
5 >> * Updating /etc/localtime with /usr/share/zoneinfo/Factory
6 >>
7 >> cat /etc/timezone
8 >> TIMEZONE="EST5EDT"
9 >
10 > I believe the entire file contents should be "EST5EDT" sans quotes; I
11 > don't know if this is documented anywhere... the only entry for 'man
12 > timezone' is for the function in time.h.
15 As per http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml under the
16 "Clock" heading. I know, reading documentation is an acquired taste... ;-)
19 Ben de Groot
20 Gentoo Linux developer (lxde, media, qt, desktop-misc)
21 Gentoo Linux Release Engineering PR liaison