From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 20:33:55
1 On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 01:29:44PM -0700, W. Trevor King wrote:
2 > I don't see any benefit to using rsync vs. a shallow clone as the
3 > transmission protocol.
4
5 Other than the fact that before you dropped it you'd need to push a
6 ‘emerge sync’ that could handle either rsync or Git, stabilize that
7 Portage, and then wait for folks to adopt it. That's going to slow
8 down your migration a bit ;). I think an rsync-able version is a
9 better choice for the migration, but since it's not destined to live
10 long (in my view), I don't think it really matters what goes into it.
11
12 Cheers,
13 Trevor
16 This email may be signed or encrypted with GnuPG (http://www.gnupg.org).